April 1 to March 31, you are welcome to join at any time.
Membership Categories and Fees
- Blind Members – individuals who are legally blind, Annual Fee $15
- Supporting Members – individuals who support the purposes of the organization, including volunteers (whether they are legally blind or sighted). Annual Fee $5
Become a Member/ Renew Your Membership
- Receipt of information about the AGM and any other General Meetings, newsletters, and updates. This is generally electronic but can be provided in print upon request.
- Insurance Coverage when participating in BC Blind Sports Sanctioned events.
- Access to BC Blind Sports Programs (note that some introductory programs do not require membership) and support.
- Access to equipment (and training in use of the equipment) on a loan out basis when available.
- Training for supporting members related to their role (e.g., coaching, officiating, sport guide)
- Funding for pre-approved expenses related to training or competition.
- Access to provincial level Sight Classification.
- Support with development of training programs at all levels
- Access to funding for equipment or additional club fees through the Athlete Development Fund (when pre-approved and available).
- BC Team uniform if on a BC Blind Sports team.
- Opportunity to participate in recreational level programs as well as group activities such as group rides, fun runs and other sport related events, arranged by BC Blind Sports
- Uniforms may be available for some programs at specific levels.
- Support with entry fees and travel depending on level of activity
Members are expected to abide by BC Blind Sports policies.